- Social enterprises – trading in lockdown and beyond
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Voluntary Sector Support team considers the impact of lockdown on the social enterprise trading model and ways forward for future sustainability.
- Virtual trustee meetings – why it is still important to communicate
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team looks at the role of trustees during lockdown.
- Communicating with your trustees at the press of a button
Linda Jones, the Chair of both VAL and VASL's trustee boards, talks about how she has found chairing meetings virtually and why the need to communicate during COVID-19 has been so important.
- Furlough: the new buzzword. What does it mean?
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team looks at how the government’s new Coronavirus job retention scheme might help with financial sustainability.
- Fundraising during challenging times
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team, considers how fundraising might be approached in these unprecedented times.
- Being proactive in a time of crisis
Reshma Gadhia, Advisor for VAL's Economic Impact team, talks about how the Economic Impact team is continuing to help organisations to measure their impact during the lockdown.
- What’s all the fuss about Theory of Change?
James Smalley, Development Officer for the Economic Impact project reflects on our latest training session and why Theory of Change is an important tool for the voluntary sector.
- Creating holistic answers to complex issues through multi-organisation working
Our first guest blog shines a light on the Work. Live. Leicestershire Project, where Development Officer, Zuli Stannard explores the idea of how multi-organisation projects can help people improve their lives quicker and find sustainable employment.