VCSE Safety First
About this Event
As we all look to re-open the doors we are all looking to make sure that we can do so in the right way, not only using the Government roadmap.
With that, Voluntary action Leicestershire have partnered with Foundation Training to provide you with some much needed training & development.
We have put together a focused 1 day training session, where at the end, you will receive certification.
This 1 day VCSE Training Package Certification in the following:-
- Health and Safety – including
- Fire Safety,
- Infection Prevention and Control,
- RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulation),
- COSHH (Control of substances hazardous to health)
- Basic Life Support – Theory
This session has been specifically put together for anyone that works within a Voluntary Organisation, including those that lead/guide volunteers, & will aim to provide you with awareness on:
- Being aware of legislation regarding health and safety
- Examples of potential hazards you may see
- Outline additional training required for Voluntary Sector employees, management & volunteers
- Where you ought to seek out & locate advice
- How to report incidents or near misses
- Infection prevention and control and (COVID 19 awareness)
- How infections can & will spread if not dealt with appropriately
- How to protect yourselves and prevent the spread of infection
- Principles of hand washing
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Protocols for specific areas including signage, bodily fluids, spillages and safe practice with sharps
- Prevention and control, of infection – the do’s and don’ts.
- Awareness of the First Aid – Basic Life Support emergency procedure and how to summon help in the event of a person collapsing.
There is a lot to learn & we have put together a proactive, focused training session that will add benefit to you & your organisation.
Terms and Conditions
Please note that by booking you agree to our terms and conditions – https://valonline.org.uk/training-terms-and-conditions/ – the terms and conditions include information about costs and cancellations, so please review them before booking.
Cost: £70.00 + £6.05 (Eventbrite Fee)
To secure your place on this course, register today via our Eventbrite page.Book Now