Health and Safety Certification for Charities
About this event
This one-day certified course in Health and Safety will give charities and voluntary groups the basic skills they need to keep staff and volunteers safe and meet health and safety legislation.
Voluntary Action LeicesterShire has partnered with Foundation Training to provide training which will help charities to re-open safely after the pandemic. You’ll learn about key aspects of health and safety which will enable to you to keep your staff, volunteers and service users safe.
At the end of this one day Health and Safety Certification for Charities training you will receive a certificate in Health and Safety.
What this training covers
- Health and Safety
- Fire Safety
- Infection Prevention and Control
- RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulation)
- COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health)
- Basic Life Support – Theory
Who the training is for
This session has been specifically put together for anyone that works within a voluntary organisation, particularly anyone who manages volunteers
Attendees will develop an awareness of a broad range of topics relating to health and safety, including:
- Health and safety legislation
- Examples of potential hazards
- Additional training required for voluntary sector employees, management & volunteers
- Where to seek out & locate advice
- Wow to report incidents or near misses
- Infection prevention and control and COVID 19 awareness
- How infections can spread if not dealt with appropriately
- Principles of hand washing
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Protocols for specific areas including signage, bodily fluids, spillages and safe practice with sharps
- Prevention and control, of infection – the dos and don’ts
- Awareness of the First Aid – Basic Life Support emergency procedure and how to summon help in the event of a person collapsing
How to access the training
- This training will be delivered online via Zoom
- Once attendees have booked via Eventbrite, they will be sent the Zoom link the day before the training
Terms and Conditions
Please note that by booking you agree to our terms and conditions – https://valonline.org.uk/training-terms-and-conditions/ – the terms and conditions include information about costs and cancellations, so please review them before booking.
To secure your place on this course, register today via our Eventbrite page.Book Now