- This event has passed.
Introduction to Funding Applications
This online zoom introductory training session explains what is required in a basic funding application for charities and voluntary groups.
This session will explain what is required in a basic funding application. It will explain some of the jargon that crops up when applying for funding and provide you with some tips on how to give your application the greatest chance of success.
During this training course we will explore some of key terminology used by funders and featured in funding applications such as aims, inputs and outcomes, look at the importance of preparation, project planning and demonstrating need. We will also look at tools to source funding opportunities and the support available to you from Voluntary Action Leicestershire.
Who this training is for
This session is of an introductory level and would be of particular help to anyone with limited or no experience of applying for or securing grant funding. Newly appointed members to organisations with responsibilities for fundraising, trustees of organisations with less experience of completing applications or representatives who had been given responsibility for making their organisations more sustainable.
- To discuss the importance of having a clear project idea & project planning
- To define what is meant by an aim, an outcome and an objective
- To explain what funders are looking for in an effective application
- To discuss what support exists to help with your application
- To introduce the Leicestershire and Rutland Community Foundation and define their grant criteria
How to access the training
- This training will be delivered online via Zoom
- Once attendees have booked via Eventbrite, they will be sent the Zoom link the day before the training
This training is Free of Charge to groups who operate within the County of Leicestershire, but a charge of £30.00 per attendee will apply to groups who operate in Leicester City or outside of Leicestershire.
To secure your place on this course, register today via our Eventbrite page.Book Now