It is available to any group working with families who believe that they can improve lives with some targeted financial assistance.
The applicant must demonstrate how the funded improvements will enhance the wellbeing for the families and children and young people you work with and how impact / evaluation will be evidenced.
Bids in excess of £5000 will not be considered.
The funding can only be used to support families residing in Leicester City only.
The Early Help Strategic Partnership Board has developed a ‘Families Outcomes Plan’ to help identify and address the needs of those families who have multiple and complex needs.
When you consider your proposal they ask that it addresses one or more of these priorities:
- Children who have not been attending school
- Parents and children have been involved in crime or anti-social behaviour
- Adults who are out of work or at risk of financial exclusion, or Young People that are at risk of worklessness
- Parents and children who are affected by a range of health problems
- Families are affected by domestic violence and abuse
- Children who, of all ages, need help: are identified as in-need or are subject to a Child Protection plan within the Positive Family Outcomes programme.
In addition, Local Early Help Boards have also identified key areas for the development of provision in the City.
These include: children’s mental health, tackling knife crime, and improving school-readiness
Find out more
If you are interested in applying please contact
Ian Lewis Early Help Co-ordinator ,
Early Help and Prevention Service, Social Care and Early Help Division, Social Care and Education Department, Leicester City Council
Ian can be contacted by telephone on 0116 4541693 or by email Ian Lewis Ian.Lewis@leicester.gov.uk