- University of Leicester teaching sessions for medical students on the role of carers
The University of Leicester is running a half day teaching session for Medical Students about the role of carers. These will run once a week for half a day and repeated every 7 weeks.
- Supporting the wellbeing of mums: Survey of mothers, mothers to be and healthcare professionals
Healthwatch Leicestershire has today released a report that talks about a mother’s journey through pregnancy and how health services and professionals have interacted and provided support to mothers and mothers to be.
- VAL E-Briefing Correction
This article was included in the VAL E-Briefing by mistake. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- Opportunity for free yoga courses for your charity or social enterprise
The Be Happy Yoga Project is looking for charities or social enterprises in Leicester who would like to offer free yoga courses to their service users.
- Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland Crisis House – Outreach Update
January sees some new developments in the outreach service provided by the Crisis House. Adults with a GP in Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland are able to access support directly in the community, either via a drop-in or booking an appointment directly with the team.
- Healthy exercise & eating project for young people aged 11-25
The project is for anyone aged 11-25 years who would like to get involved in exercise and healthy eating sessions with their friends in Beaumont Leys.
- Small Change Big Difference
Workpays is currently recruiting learners onto our accredited courses that can cover, Employability, Job Search, IAG, ICT, Hospitality, Retail, Business Admin, Customer Service, Health & Social Care, Maths & English and Health & Safety to name just a few.
- Citizens Advice LeicesterShire is helping Leicestershire residents to keep a warm home this winter and save money on energy usage
This winter’s cold snaps highlight how important it is to keep a warm home during the winter months. People are at greater risk of illness and preventable death as a result of living in a cold home. This is particularly true for those who are vulnerable to the cold such as older people, young children and people with health problems or disabilities.
- Building a Stronger Britain Together programme now open to applications
The Building a Stronger Britain Together programme is now open to applications. Grants are available for project costs of up to £50,000.