- VAL wins £18,200 Connect Fund bid
Voluntary Action LeicesterShire (VAL) has been awarded £18,200 through the £3 million Connect Fund programme to promote social investment, a means of funding which could be vital to the future of the local Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector.
- What’s going on in 2019
Happy New Year! Following a successful planning session just before Christmas, the Sector Support team are pleased to release the dates of upcoming Network and Learn Sessions, Training and Events.
- £2.4M to tackle unemployment in rural Leicestershire for those most in need
A partnership of 8 voluntary and public-sector organisations led by local sight loss charity Vista have been awarded £2.4m funding from the European Social Fund and Big Lottery Fund through the Building Better Opportunities programme.
- Nationwide Community Grants
Grants of up to £50,000 are available to support charities that help vulnerable people with their housing needs.
- Trustees Week 2018: “I wanted to be able to give something back to that community which I am so proud to be from”
Mohamed Esat is VAL's Treasurer. As part of Trustees Week 2018, we asked him to tell us about his experience of being a trustee and why he decided to become a trustee in the first place.
- Transport services for elderly and disabled people
Is transport an issue? Hinckley and Bosworth Community Transport can help!
- Community Transport Fund launched by Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
Recognising the extensive work local groups put into organising community events, the Borough Council has made available a Community Transport Fund totalling £21,000 for 2018/19.
- Voluntary Departure – Immigration Surgery
Do you want to return to your home town but have overstayed your visa? Or are without valid leave to remain in the UK?
- Creative People and Places funding opportunity for Leicestershire
In January 2019, a new round of Creative People and Places funding opens. Arts Council England will be allocating £24 million for this new programme of funding between 2019-2023.