- Healthy Teeth, Happy Smiles seeks oral health champions
Healthy Teeth, Happy Smiles! is looking for people from Leicester City to become Oral Health Champions to help contribute towards improving Leicester’s oral health.
- Groups encouraged to apply for Climate Change grants
Community groups and organisations can now apply for the latest round of Shire Climate Change grants.
- Thank you for attending Future Focus 2018
We'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who came along to Future Focus 2018 at the end of September.
- Children’s Spending Review: Remodelling of Youth Offending Service
Over the past few months, three options have been drawn up for where these savings could be made and shared with statutory partners.
- Developing new working relations between the City Council and the VCS
Open dialogue sessions between the City Council and local VCS groups and organisations continue later this month. These are being led by Cllr Mustafa Malik, Assistant City Mayor with oversight of the Voluntary and Community Sector.
- New social investment fund to focus on supporting sustainable development of community sports organisations
Sporting Capital is a new social investment fund that focuses on supporting the sustainable development of community sports organisations.
- Next Steps mentoring programme helps unemployed people to become work ready
The ‘Next Steps’ mentoring programme aims to equip unemployed individuals with skills to become more work ready through a friendly and informal Thursday lunch club.
- NatWest WISE100 (Women in Social Enterprise 100)
Natwest is on the lookout for women across the UK who are leading the way in social enterprise, impact investment and mission-driven business.
- Ministry of Justice consultation on probation reform
Justice Secretary David Gauke has announced plans to change and improve the current Probation system and invest £22 million in extra support for offenders leaving prison. The Ministry of Justice are currently running a consultation on what probation reform could look like.