- Trustees Week: “I wanted to be able to give something back to that community which I am so proud to be from”
Mohamed Esat is VAL's Treasurer. As part of Trustees Week, we asked him to tell us about his experience of being a trustee and why he decided to become a trustee in the first place.
- Transport services for elderly and disabled people
Is transport an issue? Hinckley and Bosworth Community Transport can help!
- Community Transport Fund launched by Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
Recognising the extensive work local groups put into organising community events, the Borough Council has made available a Community Transport Fund totalling £21,000 for 2018/19.
- Voluntary Departure – Immigration Surgery
Do you want to return to your home town but have overstayed your visa? Or are without valid leave to remain in the UK?
- Creative People and Places funding opportunity for Leicestershire
In January 2019, a new round of Creative People and Places funding opens. Arts Council England will be allocating £24 million for this new programme of funding between 2019-2023.
- Healthy Teeth, Happy Smiles seeks oral health champions
Healthy Teeth, Happy Smiles! is looking for people from Leicester City to become Oral Health Champions to help contribute towards improving Leicester’s oral health.
- Groups encouraged to apply for Climate Change grants
Community groups and organisations can now apply for the latest round of Shire Climate Change grants.
- Thank you for attending Future Focus 2018
We'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who came along to Future Focus 2018 at the end of September.
- Children’s Spending Review: Remodelling of Youth Offending Service
Over the past few months, three options have been drawn up for where these savings could be made and shared with statutory partners.