Smart Energy GB in Communities is being delivered by a group of charities led by national fuel poverty charity National Energy Action (NEA) and is an engagement campaign helping to inform people about smart meters and the positive changes they can bring.
This year we are seeking large organisations with substantial face-to-face reach to householders.
NEA believes that smart metering has the potential to provide real benefits for vulnerable and low income householders, but only if these individuals are effectively engaged and supported throughout the smart meter journey.
We are working to ensure that everyone has the same opportunities to engage in the smart meter rollout, regardless of personal circumstance or location.
In 2019 we are partnering with trusted organisations from the voluntary, private and public sectors to support:
- People who are over the age of 65.
Over 65s are a priority group as they make up 1 in 4 of the total GB adult population but are less likely to engage in
In an effort to raise awareness to this group, NEA can provide FREE bite size briefings on the smart meter rollout to frontline staff and volunteers so they can:
- Describe the smart meter roll-out programme
- Explain what a smart metering system does
- Highlight the obligations and responsibilities held by energy companies
- Examine the barriers that vulnerable householders may face
- Explore the opportunities to support vulnerable householders
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Helen Carter NEA Project Development Co-ordinator email@example.com Tel. 07715 527102