The Technical Assistance Project offers advice, support and guidance for Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) groups who are interested in accessing the European Structural Investment Fund (ESIF). We are here to break down the barriers for organisations to take advantage of the funding opportunities available.
What are the European Structural Investment Funds?
The European Structure Investment Funds are funding programmes that support growth and jobs across the EU. Local Enterprise Partnerships have been given these funds to distribute across the regions of the UK; for Leicestershire, this is the Leicester & Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP).
The LLEP’s ESIF Strategy is designed to improve the economic growth, business competitiveness, employment opportunities and social well-being and is split into three funding streams:
- European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
- European Social Fund (ESF)
- European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD)
- For VCSE groups, opportunities predominantly lie within ESF, however voluntary groups can also tap into ERDF. The Technical Assistance Project has been set up to provide support to access these funding streams.
What support is on offer?
You can access the Technical Assistance Project in several ways:
- The Technical Assistance e-newsletter will give you up to date information on new calls for applications, upcoming events and the occasional insightful blog.
- Quarterly Technical Assistance Network and Learn Sessions will give you the opportunity to learn new skills regarding EU funding, receive information from the LLEP and network with other voluntary groups, paving the way for collaborative bids.
- The online “How to” Guides will give you information on key aspects of applying for European funding such as Match Funding, Forming Consortia and Project Planning.
- The Technical Assistance Project team can provide your group with a Read & Review service of any European funding applications you are thinking of submitting, giving you guidance and suggestions on how to improve your organisation’s bid.