Based in Loughborough they have a team of 130 volunteers who skipper, crew and maintain our boats and gardens.
We serve over 7,000 people each season primarily from community groups and people living with physical and mental disabilities.
Tim Marren says:-
VAL have supported us by:
- Supporting us to promote and advertise volunteering opportunities
- Effectively recruiting much needed volunteers
- Provide guidance on the effective training of volunteers.
- Support us to set up good standards in regard to managing volunteers
- Positive differences include:
Help us to run canal boat trips for people living with physical disabilities.
- Support our new and growing Health & Wellbeing trips
- Help us to deliver our popular Seasonal boat trips for children and families
- Support our innovative Young Peoples project.
Get involved in volunteering
If you’re inspired to get involved in volunteering, you can find out more on our VAL Volunteering website.
If you’re a voluntary, community or social enterprise organisation who wants more support with recruiting or managing volunteers, you can get in touch with us via:
0116 257 5050