- Build your confidence in numbers with Multiply
Ling is helping adults improve their math skills through Multiply, a national program funded by the government. Read about her experience working on the project.
- My Journey as a Trustee at VAL
Being a trustee at Voluntary Action Leicester (VAL) has been a deeply personal and enriching journey for me. It's more than just a role; it's a way of giving back to society, learning about how charities operate, delving into the intricate world of governance, and working alongside a wonderfully diverse board, all with the shared goal of supporting VAL in everything it does.
- Volunteering in challenging times
Voluntary Action Leicestershire (VAL) and Voluntary Action South Leicestershire (VASL) held a joint event in Market Harborough in March to bring together local organisations to collectively look at recruiting, managing and retaining volunteers in these difficult times.
- The Benefits and Power of Volunteering
Dave Cliffe, Team Lead in VAL's Voluntary Sector Support team, talks about why volunteering can be so powerful and why anyone should consider volunteering their time.
- Being a trustee – I wanted to be able to give something back to that community which I am so proud to be from
Mohamed Esat, VAL's Treasurer, writes about his experience of being a trustee and what made him decide to become a trustee.
- Learning Disabilities Week 2022
This year for Learning Disabilities week VALUES teamed up with Leicester City Council and the NHS on a project that asks people with learning disabilities and/or who have Autism to share their lived experiences of Health & Social Care.
- Small Charity week 2022: What’s in store and how small charities are reconnecting
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Voluntary Sector Support team, finds out about what is in store during small charity week and shares her insight.
- Opportunity for people with learning disabilities and autism to share experiences of health and social care
VALUES is proud to be partnering on this fantastic project to hear the voices of people with learning disabilities and autistic people on their health and social care experiences.
- VALUES KickStart programme success
During 2021-2022, VALUES took part in the KickStart scheme, a programme run by the government to help young people gain paid work experience and work-related training.