- Flexible Furlough during local lockdown
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team re-examines the government’s coronavirus job retention scheme and the relevance in local lockdown.
- What does the UK Civil Society Almanac tell us about a post-pandemic charity sector?
James Smalley, Development Officer for the Economic Impact project, explores what insight the latest set of national charity data from NCVO can give us into a post-coronavirus charitable sector.
- Exploring micro-volunteering
Anna Barrow, Volunteering Development Officer for VAL, talks about what micro-volunteering is and how it can be beneficial to both volunteers and organisations.
- Social media for charities – the basics
Phil Welsh, VAL's Marketing and Communications Manager, gives some basic tips for charities and community groups to get started with social media.
- How has volunteering been affected by the pandemic?
Carolyn Newman, Advisor in VAL's Voluntary Sector Support team, talks about some of the major challenges volunteer-involving organisations are facing during the lockdown.
- Temporary closure due to lockdown – what does the future look like?
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Voluntary Sector Support team, considers the impact of temporary closure on some charities and social enterprises and whether they can re-open their doors again.
- Learning Disability Week 2020: virtual friendship during lockdown
As part of Mencap's Learning Disability Week 2020, Ben McKeown, Team Manager for VAL's VALUES project, talks to some VALUES clients about their experience of the lockdown and communicating virtually.
- Small Charity Week – local objectives
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Voluntary Sector Support team considers the objectives of Small Charity Week and its local context.
- Adapting a learning disability service during lockdown
Mikaela Paterson, Team Manager of VAL's VALUES - Learning Disability Support service, talks about the challenges and rewards of adapting the service during the lockdown.