- Leicestershire Holiday Activities & Food (HAF) Programme 2019 Impact Report
In December 2018 Barnardo’s and Leicestershire County Council Children’s Services developed a Children’s Innovation Partnership (CIP).
- VAL seeks new trustee board members
VAL is currently recruiting for new members for our trustee board, including a new Chair to lead the board going forwards.
- Stars of the local voluntary sector celebrated at inaugural Voluntary Awards for Leicester and Leicestershire
On 5 November we were proud to host our first annual Voluntary Awards for Leicester and Leicestershire (VALLs) to celebrate the positive impact volunteers and charities have on our local community in 2019.
- Election 12 December
– Charities responsibilities in the weeks ahead.
- Finalists announced for Voluntary Awards for Leicester and Leicestershire
We're thrilled to finally announce the finalists for our Voluntary Awards for Leicester and Leicestershire (VALLs), taking place on Tuesday 5 November.
- New charity sandwich shop serves up work experience for people with learning disabilities
A new sandwich shop in Leicester will help people with learning disabilities to learn workplace skills and get real-life work experience.
- Menphys – A new and exciting future
As Menphys heads towards celebrating fifty years of supporting disabled children, young people and their families across Leicester, Leicestershire, and Rutland in 2020, we are delighted to announce an agreement with Leicestershire County Council to take on the Bassett Centre in South Wigston.
- ESF Community Grants Programme
Grants of between £5,000 and £20,000 are available for projects or initiatives in Leicester and Leicestershire that help people take steps towards reaching the labour market, and developing their future career potential, whilst reducing unemployment and inactivity.
- The Y – Funding for Heritage Projects involving Young People
The Y in Leicester has been awarded £707,500 through the Heritage Lottery Fund’s pioneering “Kick the Dust” funding programme.