- VALUES project tackles lockdown isolation in people with learning disabilities
The VALUES Project, run by Voluntary Action LeicesterShire (VAL), is helping to keep people with learning disabilities connected during the new lockdown by providing Facebook Portals to allow their most isolated clients to keep in touch.
- COVID-19 vaccines rolled out to people aged 70 years and over
On 18 January the Department of Health and Social Care published a press release explaining that millions of people aged 70 and over and those clinically extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 will be invited to get their vaccinations from Monday 18 January as the NHS begins roll out of the vaccines to the next 2 priority groups.
- Leicestershire County Council budget proposals 2021-25
Residents had the opportunity to comment from 16 December 2020 until 17 January 2021 on the county council’s budget proposals.
- Online mental wellbeing service for farming people
The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution (RABI) is partnering with Kooth PLC to provide a new online mental wellbeing service for farming people.
- Consultation on how GCSE, AS & A level grades should be awarded
On 15 January 2021 Ofqual and Department for Education published an open consultation.
- NHS Charities Together Funding for LLR now open
This funding will be used to support five community projects in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
- The Prince’s Trust Tesco Youth Index 2021 published
The Youth Index, conducted by YouGov, gauges young people’s happiness and confidence levels across a range of areas, from their working life to their physical and mental health.
- Winter Violence Prevention Fund now open
The Violence Reduction Network (VRN) Winter Violence Prevention Fund
- Culture Recovery Fund round 2 open
The deadline is midday on 1 February 2021