- Mental Health Awareness Week – Access All Areas
- Volunteers Week 2020
Volunteers Week is a national annual event to recognise the contribution of volunteers across the UK. Due to the Coronavirus lockdown, this year's Volunteers Week will be done differently. This year's theme is Time for Thanks.
- Furlough – it’s now part of our everyday vocabulary
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Voluntary Sector Support team, re-examines the government’s Coronavirus job retention scheme and the relevance in the VCSE’s road to recovery in the second part of her blogs about furlough.
- What are the implications for charities of cancelling or pausing insurance during the Coronavirus lockdown?
Since the UK ‘lockdown’ was announced on 23 March, perhaps the most common question BHIB Charities Insurance have been asked by charities and voluntary organisations is: Can we cancel or pause our insurance cover while we are not operating?
- Mental Health Awareness Week – a local perspective
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team takes time out to recognise mental health awareness week’s theme of kindness.
- Mental Health Awareness Week
Kindness is this years theme - My Mind Matters Project at VASL
- Cautious road map – a practical approach for your VCSE organisation
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team, reviews the UK Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy and looks at how it can be used to plan your VCSE organisational approach over the coming months.
- Do you need to consider insurance for your volunteers during coronavirus?
We asked our insurance partner, BHIB Charities Insurance, to set out some practical guidance to help you to understand some of the insurance issues around managing volunteers.
- Social enterprises – thinking of a career change?
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team, examines the option of setting up a social enterprise as part of your own plans for the recovery phase of COVID-19.