- Trustees Week: Register your vacant trustee positions
Trustees' Week 2020 takes place 2–6 November. It's an opportunity for the general public to consider trusteeship.
- Department of Health and Social Care: Clinically extremely vulnerable receive updated advice tailored to local COVID alert levels
On 13 October the government published a press release explaining that clinically extremely vulnerable people in England will receive new guidance to help them reduce their risk from coronavirus, tailored to where they live.
- Charity Fraud Awareness Week: Protect your charity from fraud and cyber crime
As part of the awareness week, which is being held 19-23 October 2020, the Charity Commission is warning trustees and donors to strengthen their defences as it fears the pandemic has created environments that are enabling charity fraud.
- Power to Change: Community business renewal fund
The fund offers grants between £10,000 and £20,000. These grants will be unrestricted to provide community businesses flexibility in deciding how to respond to upcoming needs and opportunities, both for their business and for their community.
- COVID-19 guidance for commissioners and providers of services for people who use drugs or alcohol
On 16 October the government updated its guidance to include information on local COVID alert levels and virus transmission.
- Department of Health and Social Care: New measures to support roll-out of vaccines in the UK
On 16 October the government published a press release explaining that new laws will allow more healthcare workers to administer flu and potential COVID-19 vaccines safely to the public.
- Voluntary Action LeicesterShire (VAL): Voluntary Sector Support Online Surgery Sessions
As from Wednesday 28 October a new service called sector support online surgery sessions will be introduced. This is in addition to VAL’s existing voluntary sector support services.
- Department of Health and Social Care: Full list of local COVID alert levels by area
On 12 October the government published this guidance and has updated it twice since. It provides a current list of geographical areas in England listed as local COVID alert level high and local COVID alert level very high.
- Department of Health and Social Care: Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing – privacy information
On 16 October the government updated the guidance setting out how an individual’s personal data is collected and used when participating in the testing programme, as well as further information about the programme itself.