- Donate to the people of St Vincent after the eruption of the La Soufriere volcano
On 8 April 2021, the northern half of St Vincent and the Grenadines was evacuated to the south due to the eruption of the La Soufriere volcano. Desrie Hadley, a member of VAL staff from St Vincent, is looking for donations to help people on her home island.
- A new VAL Volunteering website is coming soon
We’ve been working behind the scenes over the last year to improve our VAL Volunteering system. On 12 April we’ll finally be able to launch the new update.
- Using software to file your company’s information
On 1 April 2021 Companies House updated their “using software to file your company's information” guidance.
- Charity Bank secures extra investment to help fund surge in loan approvals
The Samworth Foundation has become the newest shareholder of Charity Bank with an investment of £500k. In addition, existing Charity Bank shareholder, Barrow Cadbury Trust, has increased their total investment in the bank by £500k to £750k.
- COVID-19 Response – Spring 2021: roadmap reviews
Previously we reported the COVID-19 Response - Spring 2021 (Roadmap), outlining that the second step for easing the lockdown might start from 12 April 2021.
- The Strategic Legal Fund (SLF)
The next application deadline is 4 May 2021
- Clubs in Crisis Fund
The fund opens on 12 April 2021 and there is no specific deadline.
- Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act automatic extensions have come to an end.
On 6 April 2021 Companies House updated a variety of its guidance to remind directors that the automatic extensions granted by the Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act have come to an end.
- Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities: The Report
On 31 March 2021 the Prime Minister's Office, 10 Downing Street and the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities published a news story explaining that the report was launched to conduct a detailed, data-led examination of inequality across the entire population, and to set out a positive agenda for change.