- Government confirms move to step 4 of the roadmap
On 12 July 2021 the Department of Health and Social Care and The Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP published an oral statement to Parliament titled Secretary of State for Health and Social Care provides an update on step 4, where the government confirmed the move to the next stage of the roadmap on 19 July 2021.
- Leicester City Council VCSE surveys and volunteering event
Previously we advised you that Leicester City Council is developing a new strategy to support the city’s Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector.
- Health and Care Bill introduced to Parliament
On 6 July 2021 the Department of Health and Social Care, NHS England, and The Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP released a press release titled Health and Care Bill introduced to Parliament.
- More support for victims of domestic abuse at risk of homelessness
On 5 July 2021 the Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government and Eddie Hughes MP published a press release titled more support for victims of domestic abuse at risk of homelessness.
- Developing risk registers that support organisational resilience
NCVO/Zurich Webinar: The event is being held virtually on 14 September 2021 at 2pm
- Prepare a charity annual return guidance updated
On 8 July 2021 the Charity Commission updated their prepare a charity annual return guidance in the ‘When to submit your annual return’ section, setting out their approach to annual return filing extensions.
- Update on the pandemic and the roadmap to freedom
On 6 July 2021 the Department of Health and Social Care and The Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP published an Oral statement to Parliament titled Update on the pandemic and the roadmap to freedom.
- Get the Covid jab: Get back to what you enjoy
Anyone who has not yet been vaccinated or is due their second dose of the Covid-19 vaccine in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland is urged to go and get their jab, as the local NHS scales up the number of vaccine opportunities ahead of 19 July 2021 date proposed for Covid restrictions to be lifted.
- Removed Leicester City Council from areas where the new variant is spreading
On 7 July 2021 the Department of Health and Social Care and Lord Bethell of Romford released a new press release titled Extra support deployed in Leicester on 20 May 2021 is being scaled back as the latest data shows local enhanced support has helped slow the initial spread of the Delta variant in the area.