- Learning Disability Week 2020: virtual friendship during lockdown
As part of Mencap's Learning Disability Week 2020, Ben McKeown, Team Manager for VAL's VALUES project, talks to some VALUES clients about their experience of the lockdown and communicating virtually.
- Small Charity Week – local objectives
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Voluntary Sector Support team considers the objectives of Small Charity Week and its local context.
- Adapting a learning disability service during lockdown
Mikaela Paterson, Team Manager of VAL's VALUES - Learning Disability Support service, talks about the challenges and rewards of adapting the service during the lockdown.
- Diversity – during the pandemic and beyond
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Voluntary Sector Support team explores what diversity means in the context of COVID-19.
- Tackling systemic racism
Heather Shawley and James Smalley from VAL’s Voluntary Sector Support team talk about how VAL, the voluntary sector and individuals can have a role in tackling systemic racism in our local communities.
- World Environmental Day – what have we learned in lockdown that we can use in the road to recovery
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team takes time out to consider what the World Environment Day's theme “It’s time for nature” means for the VCSE sector.
- The Benefits and Power of Volunteering
Dave Cliffe, Development Officer in VAL's Voluntary Sector Support team, talks about why volunteering can be so powerful and why anyone should consider volunteering their time.
- Furlough – it’s now part of our everyday vocabulary
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Voluntary Sector Support team, re-examines the government’s Coronavirus job retention scheme and the relevance in the VCSE’s road to recovery in the second part of her blogs about furlough.
- What are the implications for charities of cancelling or pausing insurance during the Coronavirus lockdown?
Since the UK ‘lockdown’ was announced on 23 March, perhaps the most common question BHIB Charities Insurance have been asked by charities and voluntary organisations is: Can we cancel or pause our insurance cover while we are not operating?