- What are the implications for charities of cancelling or pausing insurance during the Coronavirus lockdown?
Since the UK ‘lockdown’ was announced on 23 March, perhaps the most common question BHIB Charities Insurance have been asked by charities and voluntary organisations is: Can we cancel or pause our insurance cover while we are not operating?
- Mental Health Awareness Week – a local perspective
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team takes time out to recognise mental health awareness week’s theme of kindness.
- Cautious road map – a practical approach for your VCSE organisation
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team, reviews the UK Government’s COVID-19 recovery strategy and looks at how it can be used to plan your VCSE organisational approach over the coming months.
- Do you need to consider insurance for your volunteers during coronavirus?
We asked our insurance partner, BHIB Charities Insurance, to set out some practical guidance to help you to understand some of the insurance issues around managing volunteers.
- Social enterprises – thinking of a career change?
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team, examines the option of setting up a social enterprise as part of your own plans for the recovery phase of COVID-19.
- Social enterprises – trading in lockdown and beyond
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Voluntary Sector Support team considers the impact of lockdown on the social enterprise trading model and ways forward for future sustainability.
- Virtual trustee meetings – why it is still important to communicate
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team looks at the role of trustees during lockdown.
- Communicating with your trustees at the press of a button
Linda Jones, the Chair of both VAL and VASL's trustee boards, talks about how she has found chairing meetings virtually and why the need to communicate during COVID-19 has been so important.
- Furlough: the new buzzword. What does it mean?
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team looks at how the government’s new Coronavirus job retention scheme might help with financial sustainability.