Roots HR Community Interest Company describe themselves as the UK’s specialist consultancy for human resources in the social sector.
They have been advertising a number of free toolkits.
Their recent one is aimed at helping small social sector organisations to:
- Design and deliver effective probation procedures and practices tailored to individual organisations
- Guide managers in delivering effective probation processes to maximise the potential and success of new employees in their roles
- Keep records of probation reviews
Understand and meet minimum legislative requirements at the start of employment and beyond
- Treat new employees fairly, in line with equality of opportunity, the principles of diversity and inclusion and with transparency and accountability
- Evaluate probation procedures that have taken place and use this information to improve recruitment, selection, induction and probation outcomes in
- Maintain the minimum possible cost and administrative burden balanced against the direct and indirect financial costs of failing to use probation
You can sign up for this free toolkit and more here.