The revised guidance, in various languages, articulates what changed from 21 June 2021 in context to the government’s COVID-19 Response – Spring 2021 (Roadmap).
Previously we wrote about those changes in an article titled Pause at step 3 of the COVID-19 response – Spring 2021 (Roadmap).
The guidance is written in Arabic, Bengali, English, Farsi, Gujarati, Hindi, Polish, Punjabi Gurmukhi, Punjabi Shahmukhi, Slovak, Somali, Urdu, Welsh and an easy read version.
Local VCSE organisations may want to share the various versions with their beneficiaries. Especially as it provides detailed guidance on how to keep safe and support reducing transmission of the virus in areas where the new variant sometimes referred to as the Delta variant is spreading fastest. This includes the geographical area of Leicester City.
The recommendations include:
- Get both doses of the vaccine when you are offered it, and encourage others to do so as well
- Participate in surge testing in your local area, whether you are vaccinated or not
- Self-isolate immediately if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) or if you’ve tested positive for COVID-19
You should also take particular caution when meeting anyone outside your household or support bubble. Wherever possible, you should try to:
- Meet outside rather than inside where possible
- Keep 2 metres apart from people that you do not live with (unless you have formed a support bubble with them), this includes friends and family you don’t live with
- Minimise travel in and out of affected areas