- Being a trustee – I wanted to be able to give something back to that community which I am so proud to be from
Mohamed Esat, VAL's Treasurer, writes about his experience of being a trustee and what made him decide to become a trustee.
- Charity Commission Annual Public Meeting 2020 – what should we action?
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Voluntary Sector Support team takes time out to listen to the recording of the Charity Commission’s annual public meeting and considers what learnings the local VCSE sector can take from it.
- Being a charity trustee – your contribution will make a difference
Linda Jones, the Chair of VAL's board of trustees, talks about how the role of a charity trustee can be a rewarding experience as well as a vital one for charities.
- Flexible Furlough during local lockdown
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Sector Support team re-examines the government’s coronavirus job retention scheme and the relevance in local lockdown.
- What does the UK Civil Society Almanac tell us about a post-pandemic charity sector?
James Smalley, Development Officer for the Economic Impact project, explores what insight the latest set of national charity data from NCVO can give us into a post-coronavirus charitable sector.
- Exploring micro-volunteering
Anna Barrow, Volunteering Development Officer for VAL, talks about what micro-volunteering is and how it can be beneficial to both volunteers and organisations.
- Social media for charities – the basics
Phil Welsh, VAL's Marketing and Communications Manager, gives some basic tips for charities and community groups to get started with social media.
- How has volunteering been affected by the pandemic?
Carolyn Newman, Advisor in VAL's Voluntary Sector Support team, talks about some of the major challenges volunteer-involving organisations are facing during the lockdown.
- Temporary closure due to lockdown – what does the future look like?
Helen Oparinde, Development Officer in VAL’s Voluntary Sector Support team, considers the impact of temporary closure on some charities and social enterprises and whether they can re-open their doors again.